We believe the early years provide the best opportunity to cultivate an enduring love of learning.
To that end, our youngest students are immersed in a nurturing environment, which integrates learning with play. Our teachers, pedagogy, and small class sizes combine to equip students with impressive linguistic and numeracy comprehension.
While the majority of our curriculum is taught in English, children learn French starting in Pre-Beginners, using the language approach of immersion and repetition that taught them their mother tongue. Shorter learning periods—interspersed with periods of music, physical playtime, learning centers, and outdoor exploration—allow our students to flourish emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. Our Preschool gives students an extraordinary preparation for Kindergarten and beyond.
"The Geneva Beginner’s program envelopes our children in joy and love. At the tender ages of 2, 3 and 4, my son mastered the fundamentals while simultaneously learning to show his friends love through respectful play; to know the joy and pride of making good choices; and to freely create in a place where he is cherished. He could have learned his ABCs, 1-2-3s, Music, French, etc. many places, but the development of his heart is something truly magnificent and so beautifully integrated into his life at Geneva School. I am forever grateful for our partnership."
- Current Preschool Parent
We offer two Preschool locations: East campus at 593 Park Avenue, and West campus at 150 W 83 St:
- Pre-Beginners class at our East campus for children ages 2.6 to 3 years. Three-day-a-week classes (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) from 8:30AM - 11:30AM.
- Beginners classes at both East and West campuses for children ages 3 to 4 years.
- Beginners East campus: Five afternoons a week 12:15 - 3:15PM.
- Beginners West campus: Five afternoons a week 12:15 - 3:15PM.
- Pre-Kindergarten classes at both East and West campuses for children who are 4 by August 31. Five-day-a-week classes from 8:30AM - 2:45PM.